No:::39 Sketchbook - Monad Circle Symbology - January 4th 2014 -The Ralire Study
- what intrigues me is the word circular ::: as explored yesterday it is described as " shaped like or NEARLY like a circle "
- I started to ponder at what point exactly something becomes or remains circular ... and it which point does it move over to oval or egg shape?
- Does our perception have a certain set of pre-conceived boundaries that the brain stores and applies to visual processing everytime an object is AKIN to a set " RULE" of description?
- Does that mean we always have to have an " OVAL" or " EGG" or " CIRCLE" experience FIRST before our brain can store that set of information or are we MADE with that information already contained within us?
- Whilst walking on the beach today I noticed that I " sorted " the stones in my head not by circle, or oval or egg but they registered first as ROUND-SMOOTING- SOFT ...
- the resonance came from the shape that presented itself in the size that would be best fitting into the palm of my hand
- I notice that when I have a set " theme" or " focus" in my mind whilst walking on the beach my brain has the ability to filter and home in on items that fit my current interest, ignoring those that do not seem to fit the category
- Without the focus I often get over stimulated when faced with lots and lots of potential avenues of interest, ending up exhausted by so many beautiful choices
- Choosing to limit my field of perception is proving to be a fruitful respite :-)
Feedback, Input & Ideas are always welcome ::: Please click on the ::: comment tab - it may have a number or a NO comments so far - feel free to leave a comment there :-)
The Ralire Study - Developing Sketchbooks , Drawing for Textiles and Canvas, Meaningful Markmaking Logbook , Image Library , Inquiry into the Nature of Random Linear Remnants , Lines and Art Research Project by Milliande Demetriou